Curried Chickpeas with Spinach - Vegan & Gluten-Free!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- Fresh ginger (to taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 225 grams fresh or frozen spinach
- 400 grams tomato sauce
- 800 grams of chickpeas
- Dice the onion, mince the garlic, grate the ginger and sauté them in a large skillet with olive oil over medium heat until the onions have softened (3-5 minutes) .
- Stir in the curry powder and continue to sauté for one more minute. Add 1/4 cup of water to the skillet along with the spinach and continue to sauté until the spinach has wilted. (No water is needed if using frozen spinach).
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Add them to the skillet with the tomato sauce, stir well for about 5 minutes. Serve over rice or with bread!